Looking for something different for breakfast? Then I would highly recommend popovers. Easy to make, these pastries reheat well and can act as great on-the-go breakfasts during the week.
All you will need are a handful of ingredients and a muffin tin (if you don’t have a popover tin handy).
1 cup of milk
1 cup of flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tablespoon melted butter
2 tablespoons chilled butter
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together all ingredients except for the chilled butter. The consistency should resemble heavy cream.
- Spray your pan with non-stick spray and place on the center rack of your oven. Allow the pan to preheat for 2 minutes.
- After the pan is hot, cut the chilled butter into 12 even pieces and put one in each muffin cup. Place the pan back in the oven until the butter is bubbly.
- Fill each cup with an even amount of batter and bake 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, reduce the heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.
*Do not open the oven while your popovers are baking. This will affect the consistency.
When they are done, they should look something like this:
While I like to eat them with butter, you can also pair them with jam or syrup. So next time you are stuck with limited ingredients and are craving something different for breakfast, I hope you give popovers a go!