I love Valentine’s Day! It’s a great reminder for all of us to take the time out of our day-to-day to show appreciation for those we love most.
Valentine’s Day also means a plentiful amount of one of my favorite things: Chocolate! While I’m always down for a box of assorted truffles, I love using the holiday as an excuse to bake up some delicious homemade goodies.
This V-day I decided to bake up these extra-festive red velvet crinkle cookies. Because of their mild flavor these cookies are perfect for choco-holics and vanilla-lovers alike.
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and beat after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Roll about 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball, then roll ball in powdered sugar. Repeat with remaining dough then reroll each ball in powdered sugar again.
- Arrange balls about 1″ apart on prepared baking sheets and bake until cookies have flattened and set in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes
- Let cool on trays 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to let cool completely.
Bake up a batch of these to share with your loved one, your parents, your co-workers, or your friends!