This time of year, it’s easy to become cookied-out. In other words, feel as if one more Christmas cookie will simply cause you to burst, being as sick of them as you are.
So what sweet treat do you make when planning for a New Year’s Eve get together? Simplest answer: Muddy Buddies.
One of the easiest dessert snacks you can make in THE entire world, this treat is immensely satisfying and (quite frankly) a bit addicting.
- 9 cups of wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups of confectioners’ (powdered) sugar
- Measure your cereal out into a large bowl
- Melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter together in the microwave (approximately 1 minute)
- Stir your melted ingredients
- If not fully melted, place in the microwave for an additional 30 seconds
- Stir in the vanilla extract
- Pour melted ingredients over top of the cereal
- Mix everything together
- Place the coated Chex cereal into a sealed plastic bag with the confectioners’ sugar
- Shake it up!
- Lay the Muddy buddies out on waxed or parchment paper to cool
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or in a cool space
Whether you’ve made these a million times or are a muddy buddies novice, I know you will enjoy this sweet and savory treat!
*Recipe and featured image retrieved from Chex.com