If you’re looking for a fall food favorite that’s simple to make while still encapsulating the essence of the season, then you’re best bet is homemade applesauce. Requiring a mere five ingredients, this recipe is as easy as it is delicious.
What you’ll need:
- 4-6 apples (I use Cortland apples myself, but any red variety of apple will do.)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- A sprinkle of nutmeg
- Peel your apples and cut them into cubes.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large pot or slow cooker.
- If using a large pot, cook on medium heat for twenty minutes, or until apples become soft. Mash with a fork if necessary or until desired texture is achieved.
- If using a crock pot, cook on low heat for 2-6 hours. (Cater the cooking time to your preferred texture of applesauce.)
- Enjoy immediately OR store is a freezer-safe container and enjoy up to a year later!
The perfect fall addition to your Thanksgiving Day menu!
*This recipe has been adapted by the author, but the original recipe was retrieved from AllRecipes.com.
4 thoughts on “How to Make Homemade Applesauce”
LikeLiked by 1 person