In our household, as in most households, football Sundays are associated with cooking tailgate-style foods.
While we try to change it up from week to week, making chicken wings, jalapeño poppers, cheese dip and other assorted goodies, this spicy bean dip has become a football Sunday staple.
Extremely simple to put together and requiring few ingredients, this hot and savory dip is the fastest way to enjoying a perfect game day.
- 1(16 ounce) container of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (Being as I work at Chobani, I use Plain Chobani yogurt instead of sour cream)
- 1(16 ounce) can of refried beans
- 1(8 ounce) package of cream cheese
- 1/3 cup or 1 package of taco seasoning
- 3-4 jalapeño peppers
- 2 cups of Mexican blend and/or cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix all ingredients except for the shredded cheese together in baking dish. (I highly recommend leaving the cream cheese out ahead of time to soften, making it easier to mix).
- Mix in half of the cheese.
- Slice your jalapeño peppers and lay the slices on top of the dip.
- Spread the remaining shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese on top is thoroughly melted.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips!