Although I do not look Italian, it is the culture that is my most direct lineage. That being said, I grew up eating a lot of Italian food. Aside from it being my favorite food to eat, it is also my favorite food to cook.
Today, I’m sharing with you a deeply satisfying recipe for stuffed shells, a dish that’s both easy to make and delicious to eat.
What you will need:
1 (16 oz) box of jumbo shells
1 jar of preferred marinara sauce (I like Prego)
1 (32 oz) container of ricotta cheese
1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
parsley (fresh or dried)
- Boil your shells until they are al dente (this means that they are firm, and still have a bit of a crunch to them).
- Combine the ricotta cheese, eggs, a ½ cup of mozzarella, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder together in a large bowl.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce over the bottom of your 9×13’’ pan.
- Drain the shells and begin stuffing them with your cheese mixture. Be generous in the amount of cheese you are stuffing your shells with.
- Next, cover your shells will the remaining sauce. (For an interesting twist, mix in fresh sliced mushrooms with the sauce before pouring the sauce over the shells).
- Cover with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until the shells are heated through and the cheese is bubbly.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!